Here are some of the most common carpet stains and home remedies that you can use to remove them in the UK:
1. Red Wine Stains: Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water, and apply the solution to the stain. Blot the solution with a paper towel until the stain is removed.
2. Coffee Stains: Mix 1 tablespoon of white vinegar with 1 tablespoon of dish soap and 2 cups of cold water. Apply the solution to the stain and blot it with a cloth until it is removed.
3. Oil Stains: Sprinkle some baking soda on the oil stain, and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then vacuum up the baking soda and apply a solution of equal parts of water and white vinegar to the stain.
4. Chocolate Stains: Scrape off any excess chocolate and then mix 1 tablespoon of dish soap with 2 cups of cold water. Apply the solution to the stain and blot it with a cloth until the stain is removed.
5. Pet Stains: Mix 1/4 cup of white vinegar with 1/4 cup of warm water and apply the solution to the pet stain. Blot it with a cloth until the stain is removed.
Remember to test a small, inconspicuous area before using any home remedy on your carpet to avoid any damage or discoloration.